Ved Harvard kjører Chris Dede, som er professor i “learning technologies” kurs i Emerging Educational Technologies. Og gjett hva som står på pensum ? Jo Christensen, C. M., Horn, M. B., & Johnson, C. W. (2008). Disrupting class: How disruptive innovation will change the way the world learns. New York: McGraw-Hill. Dvs samme bok som vi bruker på kurs i “Skoleutvikling i det digitale nettsamfunnet” i Rogaland.
På Harvard kan du lære om hvordan du
- describe a broad spectrum of current leading-edge design-based research on new types of tools, applications, media, and environments in education, and the theories of learning that underlie these studies
- depict how the “affordances” of information technology (e.g., distributed cognition, situated learning, sophisticated pattern recognition, multisensory immersion, modeling, and visualization) aid the educational process
- delineate the likely evolution of students’ media-based learning styles and information technology in education over the next decade
- discuss how innovations such as multi-user virtual environments, intelligent tutoring systems, customized personal information systems, and augmented realities can support improved teaching and learning
- illustrate the approaches business has developed for forecasting, assessing, managing, and evolving emerging and disruptive technologies
- articulate ways to overcome barriers in integrating sophisticated learning technologies, given the current context of education practice and policy
- portray the challenges to educational equity and diversity posed by emerging technologies and strategies for overcoming these problems
Det er mye annet spennende å lese på kurset også, blanat annet Emerging Technologies for Collaborative, Mediated, Immersive Learning. Eller dette innlegget om hvordan du kan posisjonere dine egne innlegg i nettdiskusjoner.
Du finner forøvrig leksjonsplan med litteraturreferanser og det hele her.